Howard

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  deadesq 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

deadesq
    Keymaster

deadesq
    Keymaster

Evan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:03 pm

Howard, Favorite Version:
    10/19/2002, Portland, OR.
    I never “got” howard until I saw it live at this show. The boys stretched out the swirling “hover” part before diving into the Jam section. I think JonO made the “hover” section spin around the room quadrophonically. I felt like I was drowning in whirlpool of water, and I forgot what song we were in. Kyle ‘probed’ us with a low synth frequency like aliens scanning on Star Trek. Deeply tripped out.

deadesq
    Keymaster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:09 am

The date should be 10/19/02. My birthday show and yes it is a smoking howard. Where the hell did that jam come from?

deadesq
    Keymaster

Cathy Hash

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:38 pm

i’ll have to check that one out… evan,i love your descriptions Smile

one of my faves is 8/21/04 Telluride. the drums are kickin a crazy dance beat while billy plays the liftoff part (i always picture the spaceship takeoff from evolution). i wasn’t there but have friends who told me they got sucked into oblivion for this one.

10/31/04 halloween in madison version was pretty nuts too with the crazy halloween theme jam. after the howard jam in set 2 i knew it was coming as 3rd set opener.

i think they found the perfect spot for howard (set 2 opener). they seem to like it there,considering they did it 3 times this tour.it’s a perfect way to get everyone channeled back in.

deadesq
    Keymaster

Steve Baron

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:42 pm

10/31/04-Aliant Enrgy Center, Madison, WI
    Already been mentioned, but I’ll have to agree. “Halloween” theme song thrown in the middle..great version!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.